Orumieh City

   

Orumieh City

Eilam

ORUMIEH

The City as beautiful as moon and sun

Introduction

Orumieh is one of the metropolises of Iran, the center of the West Azarbaijan province and the city of Orumieh in the northwest of Iran, located in the Azerbaijani region. According to the census of 1390, with 667,499 people, it is the 10th most populous city in Iran and the second most populous city in the northwestern region of Iran. Orumieh with a height of 1332 meters in the west of Lake Orumieh, is located on the slopes of Mount Sari and in the middle of Orumieh Plain. Orumieh air is relatively warm in the summer and cold in winter.
Orumieh is more than 3,000 years old, the oldest city in the northwestern region of Iran, which is still alive. Therefore, Orumieh has been registered as the 19th historical city of Iran in UNESCO. Some historians of Orumieh are considered as the birthplace of Zoroaster. In the past centuries, there have been many events such as occupation by the Ottomans and the Russians. The city has been in the region's commercial centers due to its location in the Caucasus highway, the Middle East and Asia Minor. The most important souvenir in this city is Orumieh’s Candy (NOGHL).
 Orumieh is known as the city of the first modern hospitals, the first medical education center, the first modern school, the first local television network, the first local magazine in Iran, the volleyball capital of Iran, the second-largest city in Iran. Darulanshet, Paris is Iran, the city of water, the city of religions, religions and relatives of the name of Orumieh. Orumieh was renamed Rezaieyeh for some time in the Pahlavi era.

Weather

user

Urmia's climate is cold semi-arid  with cold winters, mild springs, hot dry summers, and warm autumns. Temperatures in Urmia are much colder than most of the remainder of Iran because of the elevation.

Famous Places




Orumieh Museum: 


The Orumieh Museum is located on Urmia Shahid Beheshti Street, and due to the richness of the historical objects kept there, it is the second largest treasure of the country's history. The museum was built in 1346, with a basement of 750 square meters in an area of 2000 square meters, and later, in order to preserve unique works and objects, and in the direction of the museum's expansion, two relatively large spaces and an underground treasure It was added. The museum has a large hall for historical and historical objects belonging to various historical periods and a small hall dedicated to the Museum of Anthropology. In the museum of Urmia, a collection of exquisite line books, most of which are Quranic and religious and Islamic books, are kept. Also in this museum are objects of prehistoric, historical and Islamic periods, as well as objects of national and decorative arts of anthropology, handicrafts and...





Nine stairs Refrigerator:
It is a staircase that was previously used as a place for ice storage, is located in the old neighborhood of Asgar Khan and next to the small creek called the Valley Chay in Orumie. The fridge is made of stone and bricks, and according to its shape, it seems to belong to the Qajar period. The construction work of the building and materials used in this refrigerator is carefully selected and in terms of strength and strength is in a very favorable position, so that after many years of remaining, it remains healthy and has not been damaged. Due to the specific function of the building, it lacks a special decoration of the architecture and its decorations are limited to the time used to pick up rocks and bricks. The nine-stair. Refrigerator is now renamed to "Urumieh Glassware House" and is used as a gallery.






Temer fire temple:

within 2 km of Sorkh village (Tamatar, located 18 km west of Urmia-Salmas road) from Mahal Anzal, the suburb of OUmieh.













 
Orumieh Municipality Building:
The Orumieh municipality building is located on the eastern side of the relatively large and ancient square of the Revolution. The building was built in 1310 by Mullah Usta, the most abundant architect of his time. The overall plan of this building, like the Tabriz municipality, is an eagle that has opened its wings, so the designer has to conform to the transverse axis. It has two floors, the first floor is connected to the second floor by a double-sided staircase, and with a curvature below it, and the stairs are used as decorative elements. Also, in order to maintain the rhythm of the building, the main spaces are rectangular squares, and spaces of waiting in the form of triangular and sometimes unconventional spaces that are of lower priority than other spaces. In the southern facade of the building facing the square and exposed to the public, using the vertical bumps on the sides of the entrance, it exacerbates the grandeur of the building and reduces the monotony.







Ansari's house:
Ansari's home of Orumiyeh is located on the square of Imam Hossein Square and is located along Madeni Avenue 2. This house, which was built during the Qajar period, belongs to Babak Jafari, who later comes to his daughter and his wife, Sifallakh Khan Ansari, and is therefore known as the Ansari's House. The building is located in the center of the courtyard and the large garden, and is rectangular and built on two floors to the north. On the southern and outer front, the house is another courtyard, which is a grape garden surrounded by brick walls and brick walls. The exterior of the building is decorated with framed glazes and cobblestones and tiles of seven colors, which gives it an extraordinary charm. Among the decorative tiles of the building, there are a number of documents showing that this house was built late in the Qajar period.








The three domes of Orumieh:
Three domes, the name of the tower in the southeast of the city of Orumieh is the capital of the Azarbaijan province of Iran. This monument was built in the 580AH in the southeast of Orumieh. The tomb or brick tower of the three domes belonged to the 6th century AH and remained in the entry of the inscription into the Kufic line. This is according to the commandment of Shiseqat al-Mousafari, one of the Seljuk local emirs and created by a person named Abu Mansor. Some historians believe that this building has been constructed instead of fireworks from the Sassanid era, but there is no evidence to support this claim. The reasons given by these historians are that this building was made in three floors, similar to the Sassanid period, with two main floors, one The crypt and the second floor are the place of worship, which is on the dome, the smaller dome that has transformed the building into three domes.








Jameh Mosque of Urmia:
Jameh Mosque of Urmia is one of the old monuments of this historical city, i.e. Urmia, located on Eqbal Street. This mosque lies in the middle of the city's old bazaar and is one of the major elements of the old part of the city. Some researchers believe that this monument used to be a temple which was destroyed after the Moslems' dominance and then, a mosque was built on it. According to them, the style of decorations, stuccos, pilings, and ceilings of the mosque are exactly the same as Seljuq architecture style. This monument is a mixture of architecture in different periods of Iran's history. The mosque dates back to Seljuq period and it was registered in Iran's National Heritage on Azar 15, 1935 with the registration number of 243.









Geoy Tepe:
A rich archeological site located in western Azarbaijan about 7 km south of the town of Urmia (Reżāʾīya) plain made known through the aerial survey of ancient sites in Persia carried out by Erich F. Schmidt in the 1930s. With the publication of Schmidt’s pioneer work it was clear that careful investigation of one of these mounds on the Urmia plain was desirable to obtain a chronology of archeological levels for this part of the ancient world in which little scientific excavation had previously been conducted. In 1948 permission to excavate Geoy Tepe was granted by the Persian authorities to T. Burton Brown of Great Britain and work was begun in August of that year.Geoy Tepe is about 500 yards across north to south, 600 yards across east to west and 80 feet high above a natural spring located at the southwestern corner of the mound. Since much of the surface of the site was covered by residential buildings and by graves, the excavated areas of the mound were not connected, but rather consisted of eight scattered pits. After a comparative analysis of the material found in various levels in these eight pits, including pottery, stone implements and bronze and iron objects, the excavator suggested a classification into alphabetic periods, from the earliest, Period N, up to the most recent, Period A.






St. Mary Church:

is an ancient Assyrian church located in the city of Urmia, West Azerbaijan Province, Iran. It is considered by some historians to be the second oldest church in Christendom after the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem in the West Bank.Current old building of the church belongs to Sasanian era and its interior design is a combination of Sasanian and Arsacid architecture.
It is believed by some Assyrian and Christian historians that it had been a Fire temple at first in which Zoroastrian priests used to pray. At Jesus Christ’ time of birth, three priests observed a shining star moving toward east. They considered it as a sign of awaited Messiah’s birth and traveled to Jerusalem to meet him. After coming back they change the fire temple to a church. A Chinese princess, who contributed to its reconstruction in 642 AD, has her name engraved on a stone on the church wall. The famous Italian traveller Marco Polo also described the church in his visit.