The Vali Castle of Ilam is one of the important monuments of Qajar period in Ilam City, which was built by Qolamreza Khan Vali on a hill named چغا میرگ in 1908 AD (1326 AH). This monument consists of several parts such as Harem, alcove , mirror hall, and prison in the basement.Vali Castle of Ilam which has been functioning as a museum of anthropology for years is a display of culture and civilization of the province, which attracts many visitors every year during the New Year holidays.
Abdanan County is a county in Ilam province, Iran. The capital of the county is Abdanan. At the 2006 census, its population was 45,830, in 9,358 families. The county is subdivided into three districts: the Central District, Kalat District, and Sarab Bagh District. The county has three cities: Abdanan, Sarabbagh, and Murmuri.However, some of Lak an Lur speakers live in Abdanan, absolute majority of the citizens are Kurds (southern Kurdish group) . According to a theory the name Abdanan means place of water; there are many small rivers in Abdanan.
Seymareh Ancient City(Madakto):
Seymareh is name of a ruin area of 200 hectares next to today’s city of Darreh Shahr in south west of Iran, Ilam province. The ruin belongs to an ancient city in late Sassanid era (224 – 651 AD) and is believed to be built on remnants of Elamite’s Capital, Madakto. Historic texts and also recent findings reveal the fact that the city included about 5000 houses with some modern municipal aspects like sewage system. The city was destroyed and deserted after a huge earth quake around 950 AD.a
Ancient Gavmishan Bridge locates in south west of Iran and belongs primarily to Sassanid era (224-651 AD); it was along an ancient road connecting Susa to Hegmataneh.The bridge is one of ancient Persian engineering icons by having 175m length, 8.2m width, 6 arches and 50m arched span on the Seymareh river, which is the largest among historic bridges in Iran.The main span was destroyed deliberately by Persian troops when retreating from Arabs’ invasion (650 AD); then reconstructed around 1600 AD and destroyed again by an earthquake in last century.
Siah Gav Twin Lakes:
Siah Gav Twin Lakes, located in Abdanan, Ilam province, are one of the most well-known natural attractions of the area.The lakes are 180 kilometers south of the city of Ilam and on the slopes of Kabirkouh. These lakes are a unique and popular destination for adventurous hikers and sightseers, Historicaliran reported. They are surrounded by fields and high slopes, and create a breathtaking scene during fall and spring. One of the mysteries regarding Siah Gav lakes pertains to the name. A local story indicates that in the past, a hippopotamus lived in one of the two lakes. Due to its dark color and the unfamiliarity of locals with this species, it was nicknamed “black cow”.
The Canyon of Razianeh is a geological phenomenon and is one of the geo-tourism attractions of Ilam Province in Iran.This canyon is a deep and narrow valley created by the erosive power of the river that flows at its bottom. It is located in a green field, to the southeast of Ilam city, the center of Ilam Province.The natural and climatic location of this small piece of heaven which is a good habitat for birds and other animals, made Iran's government to register seventy-five hectares of this region as the country's national natural heritage.This natural phenomenon, which is located at the foot of "Kabir Kouh" (Mount Kabir), is accessible by Ilam-Dareh Shahr road and is an amazing promenade for the tourists.If you travel to Tangeh (canyon) of Razianeh in spring, you'll meet tourists that have set up their tents there. The local people of Ilam, whether they know each other or not, get friendly very soon and keep themselves busy with talking, playing games, and of course dancing with the Kurdish music.You need to walk through water to get to the canyon of Razianeh so don't forget to take a suitable pair of shoes or slippers with yourself. If you don't like the idea of walking through water, you must either choose to rock climb or find a path from the bridge to the canyon.
Tangeh-ye Lārt ( Persian : تنگه لارت ) is a ravine in Iran . It is located in the province of Ilam , in the western part of the country, 500 km southwest of the capital of Tehran . Tangeh-ye Lārt is located 1 133 meters above sea level. The terrain around Tangeh-ye Lár is hilly to the northeast, but to the southwest it is mountainous.The highest point nearby is 2,401 meters above sea level, 3.2 km south of Tangeh-ye Lārt. Around Tangeh-ye Lár, it is sparsely populated, with 14 inhabitants per square kilometer. The closest major community is Badreh , 4.9 km north of Tangeh-ye Lārt. The surroundings around Tangeh-ye Lārt are essentially an open- air landscape . In the area around Tangeh-ye Lár there are unusually many named valleys.
Seimare Dam, also known as Hini Mini or spelled Seymareh, is an arch dam on the Seimare River in Darrehshahr County, Ilam Province, Iran. The primary purpose of the dam is hydroelectric power generation. Studies for the dam were carried out in the mid to late 1970s and construction began on the diversion works in 1997. In 2006, concrete placement began and on 19 May 2011, the dam began to impound the river. The dam's first generator became operational in 2013. The power plant, located downstream, houses three 160 MW Francis turbine-generators with an installed capacity of 480 MW.
Ghiran castel is located in the city of Ilam over Ghiran mount . This castel was registered as a national natural heritage site in 2003 with the registration number of 8432. This castle dates back to the post-Islamic period of the Parthians. This castle is one of the historical castles in Iran, and the castle and mountains have created a beautiful view for the city of Ilam. The castel used as a symbol for the city of Ilam.
Falahati Palace is a Qajar era (1785–1925) monument built by Gholam Reza Khan, the then governor of Ilam. The palace has five rooms which have been built around a massive hall. There is a balcony in front of the structure, which the rooms and hall open to. The palace has a brick floor and is decorated with human and floral stucco reliefs. The palace was once located inside a garden and is currently the Agriculture Museum of Ilam.
At the beginning of the 17th century in 1606 during Safavid period, work on the cathedral began. However, in 1655, this Armenian church was rebuilt as the Christian community was rapidly growing in Isfahan.A tilework plaque inscribed in Armenian can be seen by the entrance to the cathedral. Inside is nicely decorated showing a mixture of Islamic and Christian style. Inside the courtyard, there is the belfry and can see the dome of the cathedral which the interior is painted in Persian style with very elegant blue and gold. The walls are painted of European inspirations showing scenes of martyrdom, notably of Saint Gregory.The museum of Armenian culture is the building next to the cathedral. The museum displays 700 handwritten books, the first book printed in Iran, a variety of objects related to Armenian community in Isfahan such as Safavid costumes, tapestries, European paintings brought back by Armenian merchants , embroidery, and other ethnological displays related to Armenian culture and religion. There are several carved stones showing scenes from the Bible outside the museum.Jolfa is the Armenian and Christian quarter of Isfahan which was established in 1603 during Shah Abbas I Safavid. Jolfa is located on the south bank of the Zayandeh River and is linked to the Muslim part of Isfahan by Si-o-se-pol bridge. The town of Jolfa on the Araxes River in Azarbaijan (now on Iran's northern border) at one time was the major Armenian settlement until Shah Abbas I
imported Armenian families to new Jolfa in Isfahan. Today, Jolfa is a quiet area of Isfahan with predominant Christian community.