This bazaar is the heart of the economy in Gilan Province and is located in the old texture of Rasht. Rasht Bazaar dates back to the Safavid era (1501–1736). Unlike similar traditional bazaars, it is not covered and has no ceiling domes or lightwells. Rasht Bazaar is a 24-hectare market and consists of a large square, a small square, streets and caravanserais (Mohtasham, Chinichian, Malek, and …). The bazaar has a total of 14 caravanserais which were built in the Qajar (1785-1925) and Pahlavi (1925-1979) eras and are connected via side streets. Most of these caravanserais are now abandoned but the rooms in some like Taqi Bozorg have been converted into shops.The bazaar has maintained its traditional appearance throughout the years and is still a place where agricultural products, different fish, local foods and handicrafts are sold. Rasht Bazaar was once torched by the army of Karim Khan (1705-1799), founder of the Zand dynasty (1750-1794) pillaged by the soldiers of the founder of the Qajar dynasty Agha Mohammad Khan (1742-1797) and has even sustained damages in floods, earthquakes, and fires.
Mohtasham Garden or the Mohtasham City Park is the oldest park in Rasht. This park was built during the rule of Nasser-al-Din Shah and today it is considered the main recreation center of Rasht. Akbar Khan, a wealthy Iranian landlord was the owner of this beautiful garden. Planting of seedlings, stretching and construction of a summer mansion were all under Akbar Khan supervision. After the death of Akbar Khan, his daughter, that was his only heir, inherited the place. His daughter married to her cousin, Sadegh Khan Mohtashamolmolk, and after that the garden was known as the garden of Mohtasham. During the Pahlavi era, the government seized the garden in exchange for tax debt, and since then the garden has been used as a public park for public use
After Mohtasham garden, Mellat Park is the second largest park in Rasht. This park is one of the oldest gardens in Rasht that is known as Black Garden, and its solid trees represent the age of this place. In 1999, the garden was restored and made available to the public. The park facilities include football fields, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, musical fountains, polar sunshine and natural ponds. Gilan Astronomical Society is located in this park. The first Iranian sun clock was installed in the park in 2002. Also in the same year, an aquarium complex has been exploited there. On the left side of the entrance to the park are the traditional houses, which are used as a tourist information center.
The Rasht Municipality complex was constructed during the first Pahlavi period. This square includes the Municipality Palace, the Post Museum and the old building of Iran Hotel. The building of the municipality and the clock tower of this complex is a symbol of the city of Rasht. This collection was damaged in the Manjil earthquake in 1949, but was later restored and returned to the former. Every morning and on some occasions, in front of the municipality in the square and in the Orchestra’s Orchestra area, live music is performed by the Orchestra of the municipality of Rasht, and this is one of the most prominent features of the municipality of Rasht. This collection was registered on November 26, 1937 with the number 1516 in the National Iranian Book List.The municipal palace or municipality building was built between 1869 and 1887 on the supervision of the Baldhiyat of Rasht. The architect of this building is inspired by the architecture of St. Petersburg. Before the construction of the Baldhiyat building, the ground was the one in which the tomb of Agha Seyyed Abu Jafar was located. After building the mansion, the tomb was transferred to the courtyard of the municipality’s mansion.
The silk house on the southeastern side of the Sikhlan Square is at the end of the Shaeri alley. This house is one of the places left by the Qajar era in Rasht. The silk house that belongs to Haj Mir Ismail Hakami family is located in the old part of Rasht. He was a sheriff of Rasht during the reign of Nasiruddin Shah. In 1900, Haj Mirza Ahmad Abrishami bought this house and select the name of a silk house for this site. The house is built on an area of approximately 2,000 square meters and an area of 650 square meters, with a main building consisting of 2 floors and each floor has 8 rooms.The silk house was registered in the list of national works of Iran in 2000 with the number 3365. One of the important things to do in Rasht is seeing this house.
Tomb of Mirza Kuchak Khan:
Tomb of Mirza Kuchak Khan is located in the south of Rasht and in Darab neighborhood in the tomb and the cemetery of Solomon Darab. This place is considered among the most remarkable places in of Rasht. Around the grave of Mirza Kuchak Khan, some bodies of mujahedin are buried, whose names are carved on their tombstones. Along the grave of Mirza, the tomb of the prominent and popular poet of Gilan Shion Fomany is also visible on that site.The design of the tomb was prepared by the Bureau for the Protection of the Ancient Artifacts of Gilan, according to the principles of traditional architecture. In the next stage, the plan for the construction of Mirza Khan’s cultural complex was considered. In 1992, by the cultural heritage of Gilan, erected the wall and also started the construction of a well-appointed headquarters in the area. The Mirza Kuchak Khan’s tomb is a regular octagon of geometric shapes common to traditional Iranian architecture, with an area of 40 square meters and a height of 9 meters. Its constituent elements are mainly bricks, tiles, pottery and wood, all of which are indigenous materials, and combined with the greenery of the old trees around the forest reminded of the festive character of the conservative free-spirited ones.